Watrous Bell Toys

La vie est belle!

Back in 2004 I discovered a connection with my family's past and a town in Connecticut that was famous for the bell toys it built in the late 1800s through the early 1900s. Since then, I've been collecting toys that jingle, chime, and ring as I research the history of the town of East Hampton, Connecticut and the multiple bell toy manufacturers that designed and built these creations. The three main bell toy manufacturers were Watrous Manufacturing Co., Gong Bell, and N.N. Hill.

If you have any information, no matter how arcane, to share on the history of bell toys and especially the companies associated with East Hampton Connecticut, please contact me. If you have any toys you'd like to share I'd also love to see them. And, if I can help you identify toys in your collection or answer any of your questions, please contact me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gracious Good Morning Bob,

We made contact about two years ago.
Have been researching bell companies for the past year. Have data I think you might be of interest.
Did yuo see my artical in last issue of Bell Tower?
Question, Do you know antthing about the founders of BARTON, STARR and Company of 1871-1877. Don't known which BARTON was partner with Vine STARR.

Please call me at ( 260 ) 483-0399 or via email jbell42@earthlink.net

Hope to hear from you,

Jeff
Jeff,

I'm glad to hear from you again. I have not found any reference to a Barton involved with Starr Bros., at least in any partnership, though a short partnership would not surprise me. I think Starr Bros. was making a Barton patented Gong, but the bells of East Hampton are not my strong suit. I'll email to you directly the Starr Bros patents I've found. Others out there may have your answer. If I come across it, I'll let you know.

I read your article. Thanks! Perhaps you'd be interested in adding your article to this web site, or a link to it if you have it up on the web elsewhere.
Life is good, Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by BellToyBoy.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service