Watrous Bell Toys

La vie est belle!

You said my pulltoy on ebay was a reproduction and I looked on your web site at the one on the one they had for sale for 19.95 and it had screws holding it together and mine has ribbits. It also had brite paint job and mine is just the old cast iron look. I don't know where they are getting the measurement of 3/4 in from but mine is lots wider than that.

I did state on ebay that I did not know if it was the real thing or a reproduction. I try my best to be very honest about anything I sale on eBay.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Your toy is a reproduction, and you were good about posting the possibility of it in your listing. I've atached the photo of the one you listed, and a link to a recent Morphy Auction of an original Gong Bell Cat and Dog. With the two pictures it's easier to see the differences. The grass at the base of the original looks more like ribs in the reproduction, and the wheels are the thicker castings used on the reproductions. Here's the link to the Morphy Auction: http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.ap?co=31120&weventid=0&w... Life is good, Bob
ps: It should be noted the bell on the toy that sold at the Morphy Auction was a replacement.

RSS

© 2024   Created by BellToyBoy.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service